Here is the updated list of events in the goth and industrial dance-club scene of New England for June.
New England Scene Darkly provides an active list of links so you can get more information on where you can go dancing in clubs or events that play music relative to our mutual interests.
For some, this is just a reminder of when their favorites happen or that our scene is quite active. For others, it's a fresh look at things to do they may not have been aware of. No matter which you are, please get out and support our scene to keep it alive and enjoyable for everyone involved!
The New England Scene Darkly calendar view is available to help you plan your schedules and it is updated through the month.
The calendar is posted at www.SeeDarkly.com.
Here's the News...
- SinFest in Providence changed its venue toward the end of last month. It is now held at a newly renovated space called Dive Bar. The address has been altered on the calendar for your convenience.
- Dive Bar is also starting up a new weekly goth night on Sundays called DarkSide. The DarkSide link has been added to the list below and is scheduled on the SeeDarkly calendar as well.
- Plague/Gothic Maine will be hosting their annual Goth-Fly-A-Kite in Maine on the third Saturday of the month. Afterward they will host their usual after party at the Asylum in Portland. The date and link to details are available on the SeeDarkly calendar.
- The promoters of Superstition in Boston are throwing a one-shot themed event in addition to their usual monthly and at their usual venue called In Dreams. The date and link to details are available on the calendar.
- The folks from Darq in Salem are doing a boat cruise launching from Salem Willows Pier on the fourth Saturday of the month. Date and link to additional details are up on the calendar.
That is all I have for news this month. There is rumor of something else new happening, but I've no definitive confirmation or direct links to further details. If I get better information about it, or hear of any other new events or one-shots that fit the criteria, they'll go directly on the calendar where I try to update the schedule as often as I'm aware of changes or additions.
If I've missed some vital info about something new or if something major has changed about an existing event (like broken or more appropriate links,) please be kind enough to let me know about it and I will verify and make additions or corrections as needed. Thank you. (Also please note that I can only include those events I can see fit the parameters of these listings and have a link for people to find more info. Promoters can help by including prominently in their promotions both the genre of music to be expected and a source website, preferably not just a Facebook page.)
Events below are weekly unless otherwise noted.
The CUTS are separated by region.
Links are embedded in the event name and will open to another browser or tab.
In Massachusetts (Boston area unless noted otherwise)
Ceremony @ an tua nua - MySpace - Facebook
Attic @ ramrod - Facebook
Haven @ diva's (Northampton) (quarterly) - Facebook
Excess @ caprice/underbar (monthly) - Facebook
Temple @ caprice/underbar (monthly) - Facebook
Riot @ diva's - Facebook
Xmortis @ tt the bears (monthly) - MySpace - Facebook
Superstition @ an tua nua (monthly) - Facebook
Heroes @ tt the bear's - MySpace - Facebook
Jaded @ gemstones (monthly - Lowell) - MySpace - Facebook
Factory @ machine (monthly)
Sin-O-Matic @ machine (monthly) - MySpace - Facebook
In Rhode Island
DarkSide @ dive bar - Facebook
Sin Fest Fetish Night @ dive bar - Facebook
Requiem @ dusk (monthly) - Facebook
NH or CT or ME or VT
Resurrection @ breezeway pub (Manchester,NH)(twice monthly) - Facebook
Plague @ the asylum (Portland, ME) - MySpace - Facebook
Insurrection @ monkey house (Burlington, VT)(monthly) - Facebook
Ulteria @ pulse (New Haven, CT)(monthly) - Facebook
Note: This posting gets buried under a lot of other posts through the month (in my journal or the communities I post to,) so if you need to find it mid-month, you could bookmark:
"New England Scene Darkly" in my journal, where you will always go directly to the last update.
You could also bookmark the calendar page at SeeDarkly.com if you prefer.
Any questions or comments are best left for me on my journal or via the contact info given there since I may not check public forum posts for comments after a few days have passed. Thanks.
- June '12 - New England Scene Darkly
Comments have been disabled for this post.