Here is the updated list of events in the goth, industrial, and fetish dance-club scene of New England for January.
It's the FIFTH ANNIVERSARY of New England Scene Darkly, born out of my '06 New Years resolution that I would keep an eye on our scene and provide an active list of links so you can get more information on where you can go dancing in clubs or events that play music relative to our mutual interests.
For some, this is just a reminder of when their favorites happen or that our scene is, in fact, not dead. For others, it's a fresh look at things to do they may not have been aware of. No matter which you are, please get out and support our scene to keep it alive and enjoyable for everyone involved!
The New England Scene Darkly calendar view is available to help you plan your schedules and it is constantly updated through the month.
The calendar is posted at www.SeeDarkly.com.
Welcome to the beginning of year six!
Here's the News...
- Heroes in Cambridge holds its annual New Years Day Bloody Hangover party. You can get details from the links on the calendar.
- Insurrection in Burlington, VT has moved to a new venue and will now be found at the Monkey House. Mapping available from the calendar.
- Haven officially begins its quarterly schedule this month. Dates are listed on the calendar.
- Club Hell in Providence closed its doors permanently in December. However, its Wednesday night Sin Fest event is still active and has moved to the venue upstairs, PVD Social Club.
- Wasteland in Pittsfield, Mass. is officially a monthly Saturday event and is now listed among the links below as well as on the calendar.
- Xmortis will be a week earlier this month; you'll find it updated on the calendar.
- There are a couple of other potentially relevant events I've heard a about, but I'm still waiting for details & links. As the come in through the month, I'll update the calendar as needed.
That is all I have for news, changes, and additions this month. It is possible I forgot something or there is more to be announced.
If I hear of any other new events or one-shots that fit the criteria, they'll go directly on the calendar where I try to update the schedule as often as I'm aware of changes or additions.
If I've missed some vital info about something new or if something major has changed about an existing event (like broken or more appropriate links,) please be kind enough to let me know about it and I will verify and make additions or corrections as needed. Thank you.
Events below are weekly unless otherwise noted.
The CUTS are separated by region.
Links are embedded in the event name and will open to another browser or tab.
In Massachusetts (Boston area unless noted otherwise)
Ceremony @ an tua nua - MySpace - Facebook
Attic @ ramrod - Facebook
Haven @ diva's (Northampton) (quarterly) - Facebook
Ritual Noise @ all asia (bi-weekly) - Facebook
Vigil @ middle east upstairs (monthly) - Facebook
Excess @ caprice/underbar (monthly) - Facebook
Temple @ caprice/underbar (monthly) - Facebook
Nexus @ black moon (Belchertown)(twice monthly) - Facebook
Xmortis @ tt the bears (monthly) - MySpace - Facebook
Superstition @ an tua nua (monthly) - Facebook
Darq @ dodge street (twice monthly - Salem) - MySpace - Facebook
Heroes @ tt the bear's - MySpace - Facebook
Jaded @ gemstones (monthly - Lowell) - MySpace - Facebook
Factory @ machine (monthly)
Sin-O-Matic @ machine (monthly) - MySpace - Facebook
Wasteland @ chameleon's (monthly - Pittsfield) - MySpace
In Rhode Island
Sin Fest Fetish Night @ pvd social club - Facebook
Requiem @ dusk (monthly) - Facebook
NH or CT or ME or VT
Resurrection @ breezeway pub (Manchester,NH)(twice monthly) - Facebook
Plague @ the asylum (Portland, ME) - MySpace - Facebook
Insurrection @ monkey house (Burlington, VT)(monthly) - Facebook
Ulteria @ partner's cafe (New Haven, CT)(monthly) - MySpace - Facebook
Note: This posting gets buried under a lot of other posts through the month (in my journal or these communities,) so if you need to find it mid-month, you could bookmark:
"New England Scene Darkly" in my journal, where you will always go directly to the last update.
You could also bookmark the calendar page at SeeDarkly.com if you prefer.
Any questions or comments are best left for me on my journal or via the contact info given there since I may not check public forum posts for comments after a few days have passed. Thanks.
- January '12 - New England Scene Darkly
Comments have been disabled for this post.